Today's tutorial would be perfect for a special Father's Day gift!
Here is what you need:
9x12 Catalog Envelope
- Scoring Tool
- Whimsie Doodles Stamps
- Embellishments (optional)
- Here is what you do:
- Step 1:
- Trim 3 inches off of the envelope from the open end.
- Step 2:
- With the opening of the envelope at the top, score in 2 inches from the right, left and bottom edges of the envelope.
- Step 3:
- You will have a 2 inch square in each bottom corner, score from inside corner to the outer point (diagonally).
- Step 4:
- Decorate the front of your gift bag now, staying within the score lines.
- Step 5:
- Crease the score lines and pop the envelope into a bag, carefully bringing the bottom corner squares into a point on each side. Give the points a crisp fold and apply adhesive to flaps that will fold in to the bottom of the bag, then fold flaps in to form bottom of the bag. The bottom will measure 5.75 inches by 4 inches.
- Step 6:
- Punch holes to create a ribbon closure and embellish the front to complete your bag!
I used a corner rounder to round the top corners of the bag. My bag features one of the images from the new "Dad's Tickets" set, and the worm from the "Shell-a-Bration" set.
This is adorable! Love the idea and the worm is too cute for words! :)
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [14 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria
Oh wow what a great idea. I love Tuesday Tutorial. I learn so much. I love the way thou covered the front. I need to go buy that set for my father in law.
lovely!!! I´ll feature on my blog. Hope you don´t mind
hugs from Brazil
Simply fantastic! Thanks for sharing such an easy way to take something ordinary and readily available and make it in to something craft-tastic!
Love the tutorial and the tutorial they covered the front...I do same for Gift Card envelopes.
Post a Comment