Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Technique-Colouring Gems

Have you ever tried to colour Gems and have a difficult keeping the Gems in place.  I do so I thought I'd share a little tip that I discovered.  All you need is a post it!
So get out your colourless gems, Copics (I used Y38) and a sticky little post it.
Step 1.  Take your post it and flip it upside down and stick the gems to the sticky side.  They really stick well!
Step 2.  Colour the gems with what ever colour you need.  The clear ones work best for this.
Step 3.  Add your gems to the flower punches.
Step 4.  Use your newly made embellishments!
This is Cotton Candy Leah, isn't she a cutie?

3 comments:

Mary J said...

How clever! I'm gonna steal, I mean borrow that! ;)

Crafty Math Chick said...

Cool tip - thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [13 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria