Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial

Hi everyone.. Dawn here for your Tuesday Tutorial!
This week I wanted to share with you a tiny little Easter basket I made using the Leah Bunny Digital Image.
I also used the Some Bunny Loves You rubber stamp. 
These are all available at the Whimsie Doodles Store.

First you take a 6 X 6 piece of cardstock (I used double sided).

You score it every two inches all the way around. I drew in the score lines so you could easily see.

Next you want to cut into the middle two score lines until you reach the middle scored line like this.
Now leave the middle square as is for now and cut the outer two squares into thirds. After doing that you need to cut the middle square into a triangle.. Shown below...


I then took my outer two strips and snipped off about a half inch so that it would fold in nicely.
Now you want to use a strong adhesive and add it to the ends of the above strips.
Fold all the edges up behind the middle triangle and secure. 
Then I cut out a 1 in circle and folded it in half and added it over all the points to hide them. 
I added a 1in X 6 in strip of paper for the handles. I added grass and Leah and now you have a cute little basket. I hope you will give this a try!  To color in Leah's bunny suit, I used the paper piecing tutorial that Linda created a few weeks ago. You can check it out  HERE.

26 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great tut and what a cute basket. I'll have to give it a try. TFS.

Rhonda Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh I love this, looks so fun to make. Must try it out xxx tnks for the tutorial.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable basket, Dawn!! Can't wait to get the tutorial a try!!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Adorable project and wonderful tutorial. I'm so glad to have stopped by for this one. Great, great job!

Smiles!
Gwen

Nancy said...

AWWW thank you for the brilliant tutorial:O) I love this cute little basket:O)
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Diane said...

That is one cute Easter Basket!
Thanks for the tutorial!! And the digi image is sweet,Thanks!

Kim said...

This is really cute, thanks so much!

Suzi said...

Adorable! Can't wait to try this one! TFS!

LindaC said...

Awesome little basket...great tutorial! Thanks. LindaC

CraftCrave said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna Espiritu said...

oh dawn this is fabulous!!! i love it!!!

Cami said...

This basket is so cute but I think there's a step missing...after you cut the two lines up to the 2" score line on both sides, what is the width of the strips on all the end corners? Those are the strips that are to be cut down 1/2" except for the strip closest to the center triangle. Thank you! Hugs, Cami

Pam and Presley said...

Very cute I cant wait to try this! Thanks for sharing
Pam

Karen said...

Yes Cami I agree - there are no instructions for what width to cut the strips before we trim off half an inch.
But a truly lovely project. I'm sat with my 7 year daughter now trying to make one - I'm just going to try cut three strips as evenly across the 2" square as possible.
Thank you for this project.

Karen said...

I have just made this basket with my daughter - and we cut the strips every 5 notches between the inch markers - so the two outer strips were dead on 5 each, and the two inner strips were just slightly wider.
The whole basket has come together nicely.
Thanks so much for this tutorial - what a thorough pleasure!

Dawn B. said...

I am so sorry. I just divided it into thirds.. It is 2 inches for each little square. Each cut is equal.. It just looks like they are not in the picture.. I will go back and edit it.. Thanks so much for asking..:)

Dawn B. said...

I corrected it.. If anyone is still have trouble let me know.. Late night posting...:)

Kristine said...

This tutorial is so awesome-- I tried it (except used a 9x9 to fit my images) and LOVE the way it turned out. I used it for my NR project today! http://inksomething.blogspot.com/2010/03/layers-of-color-spring-sneak-peeks.html

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
x Kristine

Rhonda Miller said...

I made the basket and used it for Whimsy Wednesday this week.
http://bluepoohbear753.blogspot.com/2010/03/whimsy-wednesday-challenge-22.html

Cami said...

Hi Dawn! Thank you so much! This truly is the cutest little basket I have come across, and so easy to make! I can see making lots and lots of these! Thank you so much for sharing. Lots of Hugs, Cami

Gloria Westerman said...

So adorable....and thank you for the tutorial.....I'm sure to make this one....thank you...

Scrappycath said...

This is adorable!

Thebug415 said...

This is soooo cute. I was able to make one today, and LOVE it. I am going to make 10 for my DD's class and fill with Easter grass and a Cadbury Egg. Thanks so much for this tutorial.

Elizabeth said...

What an adorable basket!!!! I found you on craft gossip and just love this tutorial. TFS!

- Elizabeth (missimagination.com)