Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Tuesday Tutorial Time and we're making...

Medallions!!
Hello there and welcome to Tuesday Tutorial.  Today I'm going to show you how I make paper medallions. I appologize about the photos, my camera broke and I just can't seem to get the temp to work properly!

So get your favorite pattern paper out and let's get started.
You will need
Pattern paper
2-1"x12" inch strips of pattern paper
a score tool
fast drying glue
Centre circles
border punch (optional)

Step 1
I started by using the border punch to cut a shape in my paper. 
I used EK Success punch for this. 
Step 2
Now cut 2 - 1 inch stripes of the border. 2- 1"x12" strips.

Step 3 
Score along the strip at every 1/2" intervals
Fold the strips creating hills and valleys. (accordian fold)
Step 4
Attach both strips together at BOTH ends. 
This creates a circle

Step 5
Flatten circle and push it toward the centre.
Step 6
Attach a decorated circle on top and hold until glue dries.
(this circle will hold the folds together)
 Here are more examples of medallions made with the border punch.
And here are some cards I made using the medallions.

Have a great day!

Materials
Scallop border punch-EK Success
Blossom and scallop die-Spellbinders
Designer Paper-Thrift Store-October Afternoon

5 comments:

Kathy Czygan said...

Gorgeous Medallions! I've got to try some!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Jun 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if it would look as smart on 1/4 inch folds!

Ashley said...

OMG this is awesome :) tfs!!!

Thanh Vo said...

Fantastic tutorial!