Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday Try This: I Fauxed, I Fauxed, It's Off to Work I Go....

If you are anything like me, you wish that you could sew your cards and make them the brilliant creations so many of my team mates create!  Sewing on your cards can give them a shabby chic look, or can even add texture to a masculine card without adding ribbon!  So, what do you do when you don't have a seing machine, or if you are like me-- have one, but can't keep it from boogering up your cardstock?? 
We, the sewing machine challenged, don't sew....  we FAUX!

Faux stitching is a technique that has been around for a long time, and I will spare you the detailed photos on how-to, and go for a brief explanantion, since most of you know what is involved!  All you have to do is take a paper piercer (or large sewing needle), and pierce your paper or cardstock in regular increments along the edges (or the part of your project you want to faux sew).  Then take a white gel pen and "connect the dots".  It's that simple!

Check out this "fauxed" creation for some inspiration....


Have a great day!  And remember that you have until tonight at midnight to join in our Whimsie Wednesday challenge from last week and be entered to win a prize!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria