Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Faux Embellishments

Good Morning Whimsie Doodles fans!  I was preparing some projects for this weekend's new Whimsie Doodles release and I though I should share a little tip!  Creating faux embellishments such as brads or grommets is an easy way to save a few dollars and bulk on your projects.  There are many wonderful tutorials on making faux brads, but my projects feature a faux grommet on a tag.  All I did was pre-punch the center hole and then color the round area around the hole with a Copic marker.  Next I used very thin glue to cover the area I colored with the marker and sprinkled with clear UTEE.  Once you heat set it with your embossing gun, it's done!  It's a great idea to go faux when you are making lots of the same thing, or even if you plan to mail one of your projects to a friend to avoid the extra bulk the real thing can add.



My picture features a new image that you will see this weekend, but I can't show you the whole thing yet-- so I apologize for the itsy bitsy picture ;)

No comments: