Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A BrAnD nEw DiVa and a Tuesday Tute!

Before we get to the Tuesday Tutorial, I have some exciting news to share!  There's a new Doodlelicious Diva in town, and her name is Tobi Crawford!  We are so honored to have her join our little family, and we know you will love her work as much as we do!  Be sure to drop by her blog, Tobi's Place, and show her some love, and in the mean time, read below to learn all about her.  Welcome Tobi!

 I am married to Ian and a mother to an adorable 9 year-old boy named Phoenix. 
I LOVE my job! I am a high school choir and band teacher. You can ask my students, I love my job so much it takes centre stage in most of my dreams! I have a couple of degrees, my first being a Bachelors of Jazz Studies majoring in piano and voice. I also trained as an opera singer and classical pianist, but decided to focus on jazz for the last 2 years of my degree. My second degree is my teaching degree!I took a few years off of university to be a gigging jazz musician, and during that time I also went to school to be a makeup artist for print (magazines) and tv/movies. I worked in the film industry until I decided to return to music school. I am Canadian and I live in greater-Vancouver. I like Canada, I don't LOVE it, but there are a lot of advantages to living here that I don't take for granted. I would love to live abroad and teach in another part of the world. I don't know if that will happen any time soon, but it's a dream. I started making cards about 3.5 years ago when I was invited to a Stampin' Up! party. I was an occasional scrapbooker and thought I knew what stamping was all about.. BOY was I wrong! I have been utterly and hopelessly addicted ever since. I currently serve on the Technique Tuesday design team, Mint Motif Stamps design team, and now, the Whimsie Doodles design team!! 
And now that we have properly welcomed Tobi, it is time for today's Tuesday Tutorial from Sheri!
Sheri graciously shared her directions for this adorable treat holder-- thanks girlie!

Looking for a Quick & Easy way to decorate one of those boring ready made boxes that can be found in the $ bins or at your local craft store?? I found these fun little take-out boxes awhile back and thought that they would be perfect for a little Valentine treat!! Having a hard time matching the box...why not cut one apart and use as coordinating paper on your tag.



Supplies Needed:

-Ready Made Box
-Craft Knife
-Die Cut (Heart Cuttlebug Die used)
-Die Cut Machine
-Transparency/Acetate

-Strong Double Sided Tape (Red Line/Scor Tape)


-Removable Tape






Step 1:
Run craft knife carefully along seam to open box
Step 2:
Attach die to desired area with removable tape and run through die cut machine. May need to fold up edges to run through machine smoothly.
Step 3:
Place two sided tape around desired window area and seam. Will need to attach acetate/transparency to create window.
Step 4:
Put box back together.
Step 5:
Fill box & Decorate as desired.

2 comments:

Tara Gove said...

Your images are so cute and Tobi is a fantastic designer, great idea adding her to your team!

Thanh Vo said...

Congratulations, Tobi!!! Is this the same Tobi from Clipper St too?!

Looking forward to seeing your creations with Whimsie :)